- Metal Sheds
- Steel Buildings
Metal RV Carports
Metal RV Carports.
If you’re the proud owner of a motorhome, camper, or other type of specialty RV, you already understand what it means to have a literal mobile home for the purposes of both travel and vacation. It’s also fair to say that an RV investment is a significant investment, so it’s important to take the necessary steps to protect your RV investment whenever you aren’t using it. And that’s where Central Steel Carports can come in to help!
A metal RV carport is a steel structure that’s designed to provide reliable protection for any RV, motorhome, or camper. Our RV covers are useful for sheltering RVs, along with any other large vehicles, boats, or pieces of equipment.
An Effective Way to Protect Your Home Away From Home
The fact of the matter is that a recreational vehicle or RV isn’t just another vehicle. It’s a wonderful combination of home and automobile that lets you travel in comfort to wherever the road might take you. But the reality for most people is that their RV has to sit parked for most the year. During this crucial RV offseason period, it’s important to effectively protect your RV so it will be ready to go when you are.
Some owners may put a tarp or fabric cover over their RV, but that doesn’t achieve much. It still leaves your RV exposed to the elements, and doesn’t offer much in the way of vehicle security. To that end, a metal RV cover is much more effective.
At Central Steel Carports, our metal RV covers are both rugged and versatile, and can be customized to create open-air, partially-enclosed, or fully-enclosed building solutions. You can also choose from a number of different roof styles and colors, too. And our precision-engineered steel structures are both stronger and more reliable than any comparable stick-built structure.
Roof Style Options for RV Carports
The roof style you choose for your custom steel RV carport makes a big difference. It helps to decide how strong your structure will really be, and the roof you choose will play a big role in determining the price of your structure. When making your roof style choice for your new RV cover, it’s important to take your local weather and climate into account, too.
- Regular Roof RV Carports: The regular roof style is our classic, most economical design for RV carports. It comes with a rounded roof that resembles the look of a traditional barn. The horizontal roof paneling runs from front to back. This style of RV carport continues to be popular across the US, and can work very well for smaller building applications.
- A-frame Horizontal / Boxed Eave RV Carports : These are also known as boxed-eave RV canopies or boxed-eave RV carports. The A-frame horizontal roof style is popular with homeowners who are looking for an RV shelter that will better match the look of their home roof. As is the case with a regular roof, the paneling runs horizontally on an A-frame roof. But one decided advantage with an A-frame roof is that it’s built on a stronger frame design.
- Vertical Roof RV Carports : The vertical-style RV cover comes with the strongest metal roof you can get. The roof is constructed on an A-frame, but it also comes with extra reinforcements, bracing, and supports. Another distinction of the vertical roof is that the roof paneling runs vertically, meaning it’s much better suited for shedding rain, snow, and debris.
How Big Does Your Metal RV Cover Need to Be?
Besides deciding what your preferred roof style is, another important consideration for RV cover planning is figuring out what size metal structure you need. Here are few good RV carport sizing tips:
- RV width and length: RVs are generally a good bit longer than standard passenger vehicles, and they can be wider too. A regular-sized carport simply won’t be big enough. But how big does it need to be? Don’t risk guessing and getting it wrong. Take the time to measure the width and length of your vehicle, and then you’ll have a much better idea about how wide and long your RV carport needs to be in order to provide coverage for your entire vehicle.
- RV height :Don’t stop at width and length, either. While you’ve got the measuring tape out, go ahead and measure your RV height, as well. An RV cover that doesn’t provide enough clearance for your high-profile vehicle won’t do you much good! A good rule of thumb is to make sure your RV carport leg height is at least as tall as your recreational vehicle.
- How many vehicles you need to cover : If you only plan to cover one RV, then a single-width RV cover could be big enough to do the job. But if what if you have more than one RV, or would also like to park your truck or other vehicle underneath a side-by-side cover? In order to estimate needed width of carport to accommodate, you’ll need to add the width of both vehicles together. Also be sure to add some extra buffer space in the middle, so you’ll have adequate access for opening doors and being able to move between your vehicles.
More Good RV Carport Planning Tips
Figuring out the right size of steel structure to go with is important, but there are other important considerations to keep in mind when planning for your new metal RV carport, too. Here are some more good questions to ask yourself:
- How are you planning on using your RV carport?
The obvious answer would be to park your RV underneath. But are you just looking to shield your RV from sun and precipitation, or would you also like to build in some more security? For example, you can add side walls to enclose your RV carport.
- What have you chosen for an installation site?
How big is the lot you’ve set aside for putting up your RV cover? Make sure you have enough cleared space, not just for the cover itself, but for the installation crew to be able to work around as well. It’s also important to make sure the site for your building is level, too.
- What’s the weather typically like in your area?
The type of weather you typically get should help you decide which type of roof to choose, and should also help you to decide other important aspects of your building like steel framing and steel paneling gauges.
- What building certification and other local building code regulations apply?
Many areas require building certification to meet minimum wind and snow load ratings, and this often includes metal RV carports too. The best way to know how to plan for this is to check with your local building authority about which regulations apply.
- What style are you going for with your metal RV cover?
Besides choosing a particular roof style, there are lots of other ways you can customize your metal RV cover from Central Steel Carports. We can provide a custom RV carport that’s built to meet any width, length, or height dimensions you require. Do you want a roof-only structure, or would you like to enclose your RV carport and turn it into an RV garage? You’ve also got options when it comes to steel tubing gauge, steel paneling gauge, colors, doors, windows, trim, gables, foundation anchors, building certification, and more!
What’s Better About a Prefab Steel Structure?
Pretty much everything you can think of! Steel RV carports are superior to stick builds and other types of structures in almost every way:
- Easier to Maintain – Metal is easier to clean and requires less maintenance than other comparable structures. And since the color is infused into the metal during the fabrication process, you won’t have the same paint peeling or color fading issues that you would with a wooden structure.
- Incredibly Rugged – Steel RV carports aren’t susceptible to moisture or rot, and they are built to withstand the stresses of sun, wind, rain, snow, and the elements. A steel structure is even more earthquake-resistant, too. These structures can handle nearly anything Mother Nature has to throw your way.
- Pest-Resistant, Mold-Resistant, and Fire-Resistant – Termites aren’t attracted to steel, and no other critters or pests really pose any danger, either. Steel plays a poor host to mold and mildew, too. Concerned about fire threats? Steel is naturally incombustible, so you can’t choose a better structure for fire resistance than a steel structure.
- Versatile and Expandable – Steel is a much more versatile building material than wood or other comparable materials. You can custom design a steel RV cover pretty much any way you want, and you can use it as a multipurpose structure that’s good for more than just parking RVs. It’s also easier to expand or adapt a metal RV cover if your needs change in the future.
- Easy to Install, and Eco-friendly, Too – Metal RV carports require less time and labor to install than stick builds or structures made with other materials. All the precision-manufactured steel components come pre-measured, pre-welded, and pre-cut, so everything is ready to go once it arrives to your building site. other options. Plus, our steel structures include a percentage of recycled steel, and are themselves100% recyclable, should you ever want to do something different with your building.
What About RV Carport Kits?
There are lots of good reasons to consider a metal RV carport from Central Steel Carports, and here’s one more. We make RV carport kits available at a discount, too!
With the right tools and a little effort, you really can install your own metal building kit as a DIY project. You’ll save some money on labor costs, and you’ll also gain the bragging rights to be able to tell your friends and neighbors that you put it up yourself!
All of our metal building kits – including RV cover kits – come with all the custom-fabricated building materials you’ll need to install your dream metal structure. Obviously, that includes steel tube framing and roof paneling, along with all needed fasteners and anchors. You can also opt to order side paneling and trim in a range of colors, and there are lots of other ways you can customize your personal metal RV carport kit, as well.
Why Choose Central Steel Carports for your Metal RV Carport?
At Central Steel Carports, we understand that purchasing a metal RV carport can be a significant investment, but it’s also an important investment in terms of its ability to take care of your RV investment! We can get you whatever you need in an RV carport, and our RV carport prices are incredibly competitive.
Central Steel Carports is committed to provide you with the very best steel structure solutions, combined with the best possible customer experience and unbeatable customer service. We only partner with the finest local and regional American metal building manufacturers in order to get you what you need. And our preferred relationships with these manufacturers enable us to offer you better steel structures, at lower prices, with shorter lead times.
Nobody takes better care of you than our trained, experienced, friendly sales and support staff, either! We’ll take the time to listen to you, and we’ll walk with you every step of the way to make sure you get the exact metal structure you’re looking for.